Stainless steel is durable, low maintenance and can stay looking great for many years, but it still needs to be looked after. You want it to stay stainless, so that the surface keeps it’s original lustrous look, feel and finish.
Our customers find that, by using a range of Avesta finishing chemicals, they are able to keep their stainless steel in top condition and fix any problems they are having.
The Basics of Stainless Steel Maintenance
Each of the five following methods, using different fluids, pastes, sprays and gels, can address specific aspects of maintenance for all grades of stainless steel:
- Apply pickling paste – if you have a small, difficult surface, you can use pickling paste or gels for brush pickling of weld seams. It adheres well and lasts a long time.
- Apply pickling spray – the spray is better for larger surfaces of most stainless steel grades; it is able to reach even the most difficult sections due to its thixotropic consistency.
- Use a pickling bath – if you have smaller stainless steel objects like pipe sections that need rejuvenating then pickling bath fluid allows you to fully immerse them for maximum cleaning effect.
- Apply cleaning agents – for superficial rust, grease and lime deposits that can occasionally appear on any stainless steel surface, you can use cleaning agents to restore the surface to its original finish.
- Apply passivating agents – after applying a pickling paste or spray, a passivating agent will improve the result further and protect the surface from future discolouration.
Contact Us Today!
Midway Metals has been supplying the Asia Pacific region with the highest quality stainless steel products and associated cleaning, finishing and welding products for many years.
As Australia’s largest independent stainless steel stockist, we have become the trusted name for all types of applications and maintenance of stainless steel. Ask our team of professionals a question now via our Contact Us page.