Blanking Line For Steel Processing
Many manufacturers and industries demand flat material and Midway Metals can deliver. Our state-of-the art blanking lines produce stainless steel sheets with superior flatness, using a precision grip feed system for tight and consistent tolerances.
Absolutely Laser Flat
With two Red Bud Industries Precision Blanking Lines, Midway Metals can produce stainless steel sheets and plates at a variety of thickness’ and widths, and with PE coatings edge-to-edge.
Our cut to length capabilities include:
- 0.50mm to 3.00mm thick x 1500mm wide capacity (from 200mm to 6250mm long plates)
- 0.70mm to 10.00mm thick x 2000mm wide capacity (from 300mm to 13000mm long plates)
With one of our blanking lines including an in-line stretcher leveller, the material can be stretched beyond its yield point to reset the material’s memory from the milling process. The material is stretched from top to bottom and edge to edge, releasing all internal stresses and producing a perfectly flat product.
Stretcher levelling is superior to other techniques currently used in Australia.
It’s the only process guaranteed to flatten the material without reducing the thickness (a common problem with temper passing). And, while temper passing and roller levelling can reduce the internal stresses in the material, they will not reset it. Only stretcher levelling can reset a material’s memory.
Benefits for Fabricators
- Material remains flat after folding and punching
- Eliminates need for rework from warping
- No tensile spring-back – only need to fold/bend material once to achieve desired angle
- Saves time with no unnecessary rework
- Process doesn’t change mechanical properties
Benefits for Laser Cutters
- Midway Metal’s laser flat material
- Material doesn’t warp when laser cuts with high heat
- Improved material quality allows for consistent cutting
- Material stays flat after laser cutting
- Likelihood of damage to laser heads decreased when cutting
- Ability to retain accuracy when cutting long
Blanking Line Capabilities
|Length Tolerances||0 to 3,000mm||3,001mm to 6,000mm||6,001mm to 9,000mm|
|0.51mm to 8mm thick||+/- 0.13mm||+/- 0.26mm||+/- 0.39mm|
|10mm thick||+/- 2mm||+/- 3mm||+/- 4.5mm|