High Speed Slitting Line For Steel Processing
Our high speed slitting line is big – the largest of its type in Australia – but it’s not just size that makes this machine special, it’s the broad range of capabilities it possesses.
The ability to break down larger coils into smaller ones and the option of applying PE to either the top, bottom or both sides of the material, produces far superior products and sets this machine apart from the rest of the Australian market. Our slitting services are used for solutions such as spiral welded tubes, cable trays, and tube and pipe clamps.Download Brochure
|Entry Coil Weight||2,000kgs||13,600kgs|
|Entry Coil ID||483mm||635mm|
|Exit Coil Weight||13,600kgs||13,600kgs|
|Exit Coil ID||508mm||508mm|
Accuracy: +/- 0.051mm, Tooling: ASKO Edgemaster shimless tooling,
PE Coating available top and bottom.
Three Stages of High Speed Accuracy
Mandrel and automatic coil tracking system
- Mandrel drives the material along the line, to the tension stand.
- Automatic coil tracking system compensates when the strip deviates from the centreline by moving in the opposite direction until the coil is centred again.
- Material is then sent to the crop shear for initial square edge.
- Traversing base allows the slitter to “float” with the strip while running. This side to side adjustment is motorised.
- System prevents additional camber from being introduced into the slit strips.
- Slitter features:
- Fully automatic pass line compensation
- Automatically adjusts to different knife diameters
- Compensates for material thickness
- PE coating ability for both sides.
- Scrap choppers cut the edge trim and conveyor system carries the scrap to bin.
Tension system, exit crop shear and recoiler
- Automatic tension system assures proper winding tension.
- Exit crop shear cuts the coil ahead of recoiler to eliminate the need for rethreading the entire line when breaking down coils.
- Mandrel gripper compensates for thickness variations across the width of the strip.
- Recoiler tail hold-downs and controls strips, which prevents loose tails at the end of the run.